The Lahore Flying Club was founded by a group of dedicated philanthropists initially named as “Northern India Flying Club”. This is the first flying club established in Indo-Pak Sub Continent in 1932. At the time of partition, this organization would have been wound up but for the keen interest taken by some members including Mr. G. Mueenuddin, C.S.P. and Dr. J. B. Sproul, a keen aviator and an eminent American Dentist who served the Club for 8 years as Honorary Secretary
In 1950, the club was patronized by the PAF by sending their cadets for abinitio training in the Club. The Director General, Civil Aviation Authority introduced a new Subsidy Scheme in 1953 and entrusted the Club with the training of Commercial Pilots for Pak Air, Orient Airways and Crescent Air Transport. In 1954 all the three Airlines merged into PIA and the Lahore Flying Club continued to train pilots for the National Carrier. At present, the Club is the owner of 5 Single Engine aircraft.